Leave a legacy by contributing to the Sir Colville N. Young Fellowship Award. This award nationally recognizes individuals who contribute $1,000 to the Belize Scout Foundation Fund. Donors may make a gift in their own name or in honor of someone else. This contribution is in addition to, and doesn’t replace, a donor’s annual gift to the Belize Scout Foundation campaign or other campaigns organized by the Foundation.
WHO IS SIR COLVILLE N. YOUNG?
Sir Colville Norbert Young GCMG MBE (born 20 November 1932) is the Governor-General of Belize, and also patron of The Scout Association of Belize and the Belize Scout Foundation. He was appointed Governor-General in 1993, taking office on 17 November of that year, and was knighted in 1994.
- He has served as Patron for The Scout Association of Belize since 1993
- Has served as Patron of The Belize Scout Foundation since 1998
- Wrote a Scout song that won the song completion at a Central American Scout Camporee
- Has donated musical instruments to numerous Scout Groups around the Country
- Has given his unconditional support to both the Scout Association and Foundation
- Is a living example of a true Scout who cares for the young people of Belize
The Belize Scout Foundation
The Scout Foundation is a crucial part of how Scouting is funded and provides a stable, permanent source of income. Foundation funds are invested over the long-term and earnings are used to support Scouting programs.
RECOGNITION AND HONORING
The Sir Colville N. Young Fellow Program has three levels of participation and fellows are presented with a personalized certificate. They’ll also receive a bronze Sir Colville N. Young lapel pin for wear on formal occasions. Donors who give more than one Sir Colville N. Young Fellow contribution are presented with the following awards:
BRONZE AWARD – FIRST FELLOWSHIP CONTRIBUTION
SILVER AWARD – SECOND FELLOWSHIP CONTRIBUTION
GOLD AWARD – THIRD FELLOWSHIP CONTRIBUTION
- 2 Fellowships contributions: Silver Sir Colville N. Young lapel pin
- 3 Fellowships contributions: Gold Sir Colville N. Young lapel pin
Fellowships can be provided in memory or in honor of someone else. You may want to honor a Scout Leader, parent, graduate, volunteer, or a loved one.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org